Essential Oils for Hair: Good for the Scalp, Too
Essential oils are very useful for hair as they enhance hair growth and provide the right nutrition as well. In addition, essential oils also have benefits for scalp health. Essential oils can be used in various ways to treat a variety of scalp conditions, such as dandruff or eczema. Regular use of essential oils will also help with the quality of your hair.
Essential oils can help treat and prevent conditions like dandruff, eczema, and hair loss. For example, you can add lavender essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner which will make it smell better and help prevent bacteria from accumulating on your scalp and in your hair follicles. Many research studies suggest that oils do boost hair growth if used in the right manner.
For those who are looking for some essential oils for hair to try, we’ve compiled a list of essential oils that can help you with your hair related problems:
1) Lavender Essential Oil: For all hair types, lavender oil is known to reduce scalp dryness and inflammation. It's also an effective treatment for dermatitis or psoriasis.
2) Rosemary Essential Oil: This oil has antibacterial properties that are great for treating acne or dandruff on the scalp.
3) Cedarwood Essential Oil: Containing powerful antifungal compounds, cedarwood oil will control any yeast-related problems such as ringworm of the scalp, seborrhea etc.
4) Lemongrass Essential Oil: Lemongrass essential oil soothes itchy and irritated scalp by giving it a thorough cleanse. Regular application of lemongrass essential oil on the hair removes dandruff.
5) Geranium Essential Oil: This is one of the best oil for itchy skin and sensitive scalp. If you have long curly hair and are hoping to grow it out, this is a great tool to help. Because of its amazing properties, it helps in maintaining a healthy pH and keeps all the bacteria away. It smells so good and with just one application of this oil, you will be stress-free.
How to Use Essential Oils for Hair
Applying just a few drops of essential oil will be more than enough for you.
- You can mix a few drops of essential oil with your shampoo or conditioner.
- Avoid applying essential oils directly to your scalp.
- Avoid using more than the recommended amount and dilute essential oils with carrier before applying.
- In case you have an allergy with plants like ragweed, you can do a patch test on a small area on your skin or scalp to check it first.
- You can also use a small amount of essential oils for hair as a leave-in conditioner, depending on your hair texture.
Planning to get some essential oils for hair? Buy high-quality essential oils, one of a kind and pure, from an ethical supplier.
We at AIHIKI: Pure As Earth (www.aihikipure.com) specialize in selling premium grade essential oils, which are 100% pure and natural and do not contain any kind of chemicals, all extracted using cold-pressed methods.
Buy some today and use them for your skin / hair or aromatherapy.